Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gingerbread House Accordion Book



While it doesn't have the pungent aroma of baked gingerbread or the sweetness of the icing and candy, this gingerbread house and accordion book is a treat. I used the bottom of a grocery bag for the house and half the front panel of a grocery bag for the gingerbread men. You may want to glue your accordion into the house which I forgot to demonstrate on the video.



Patterns for gingerbread men and candy


Books and Links

Delightful story of the Gingerbread Baby's new friends with Jan Brett's always engaging illustrations. I find I spend more time with the pictures than the words in her books.

How to Make a Gingerbread House
I haven't tried the recipe but her description of the process fits what I learned (the hard way) in several years of gingerbread house construction.

A Gingerbread Tradition
A little bit of the history of gingerbread by Alice Ross.

5 comments:

Antonella Coppi said...

Congratulations for this wonderful blog!!!I'm a teacher from Italy and i found it very interesting and helpful for my pupils and me,thank you so much .Have a nice day

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord said...

Thanks so much. Glad you find it helpful.

Ticia said...

Way too cute! I so need to remember to share this tomorrow when on my blog when I talk about gingerbread houses. It's a shame I didn't see this post before making our not as cute houses.

berrypatch said...

This looks very cute and (most importantly) easy! ;-) I saw this posted over at The Crafty Crow and had to come check it out. I'm considering doing this at our homeschool co-op next week when we have our Christmas party. What a fun craft!

Anonymous said...

Its my pleasure to declare you that I love your work. You are doing a great job. Keep up the work.And yes i have tweeted your site makingbookswithchildren.blogspot.com .